Pages

19 May 2008

One interesting move...

For those of you who know me well, you know one of my pet peeves is travel problems/bad directions.  Well, add a 14-foot U-Haul truck into the mix, along with the water being turned off at my old apartment at 7:45 am this morning, and it was a pretty explosive mix.  

That being said, things went pretty well, I only needed to slam on the brakes of the rather large truck I was driving once.  And had a good two feet to spare by the time I careened to a halt.  Of course my cheap bookshelf broke in half and other items certainly moved all around the back of the truck.  But, heck, it's only a bookshelf.

And a big word of words of thanks to all the RooL folks again: I've never been so touched by the great outpouring of love that you showed me this weekend.  You really all have become my family and despite how far away we may be from each other, you will always be in my prayers!

Tomorrow: unpacking five years worth of junk.  My mother has given me a 36 hour amnesty for a messy house.  I'm six hours in.  Only a day to go!

peace,
matt

No comments: