Pages

18 May 2008

A Wonderful Good-Bye...

....if there is such a thing.

Today the great folks at Resurrection gave me a send-off that I will never forget. I am so grateful to Kathy, Donna, Michael and Fr. John for putting up with me for the better part of a year, for planning a wonderful celebration as I move on, and for their constant presence on this part of my journey. I'm also forever indebted to Kate for her example.

My father and I often comment on how the books that we enjoy are always over too soon. Because we enjoy them so much, we find ourselves reading more quickly than usual - and then, they're over. That is probably the best analogy that I can use for the last year of my life. It went entirely too quickly - and I'm sad that it's over, but incredibly blessed and excited for the next book that I will get to read!

Moving day is tomorrow - hopefully my brother and I can move me 300 miles north without too much of a problem!

peace and prayers,
matt

No comments: