Pages

22 August 2008

Almost There!


Well, the time is almost at hand.  I have one more load of laundry to do and entirely too many good-byes and see you laters still to give, but other than that I'm almost off to Brooklyn.  Over and over again I recall how incredibly blessed I am to have such a supportive set of parents (who are living saints, I believe), wonderful future brothers and terrific friends.  I have been lifted up by the constant support and prayers of an ever-increasing number of people and to all of them, I thank them.  I don't particularly enjoy being sentimental, but I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the many signs that have popped up in my life pointing me in this direction.  And I can't help but be grateful to all of you and the God of Love who works through those I meet.

On a lighter note, above is a great photo of Capistran Ferrito, a Capuchin friar who served as the inspiration for the original San Diego Padres logo.  (Yes, I did buy a Padres hat with Friar Ferrito on it today!)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew FR. Cappy. He married my wife and me. I also have done research on the SD Padres logo. I agree the picture of FR. Cappy is almost identical to the logo and I'm not convinced it wasn't used as the inspiration for the team logo. But I've spoken to San Diego historians who insist the Swinging Friar logo was drawn before the photo of FR. Cappy was taken. As I said I don't believe that. There was a cartoon drawing of a friar from the late 1950's early 1960's but not the Swinging Friar. I will try to get to the bottom of this soon.

JM