Pages

26 August 2008

Day Two ...

Day two in Brooklyn begins much the same as the first.  Got up early to go running.  Did some ab workouts and lifted some free weights just a little bit last night.  Erik, one of my classmates and me have resolved to get ourselves into the best shape that we can be.  He's taller and in much better shape than me, so I have some serious catching up to do.  But, if we're able to run/bike/elliptical at least five days a week, I think I'll make some real progress by the time Christmas rolls around.  

Yesterday my classmates and I took a detailed tour of the house and went over the house rules for cleaning up and maintaining what is a very beautiful, very clean and very old friary.  

Today we'll be going over some more details as far as the nuts and bolts of being a postulant go.  Then, we'll be visiting a food pantry this afternoon.  "Neighbors Together" is one of the possible ministry sights from which we can choose this year.  

So far, so good.  Oh, and one other thing: the ability to pray is truly the best part (so far ...!) of this experience.  Being able to head to the chapel at any time of day or night and truly being in God's presence is a gift of indescribable value.

peace and prayers,
matt

No comments: