Pages

25 August 2008

Good Morning!

My classmate Erik knocked on my door at 4:58 am this morning. We braved a run through East New York and it's maze of parks. We hardly saw anyone when we started. But by 6:00 am when we returned, the City that Never Sleeps had woken up on a beautiful clear Monday morning. Things are going to be warm in my room until the heat breaks, but I think that the small fan on my dresser will at least ensure that I can get to sleep each night. There's always the option of an air conditioner in my window, but then I'd lose the great view I have of St. Michael's Church. There is something good and holy about looking out my window and seeing a house of prayer each time.

My seems comfortable enough and if I'm getting up each morning at about 5:00 am, I figure that I should have no problem getting to sleep each night!

Morning Prayer this morning is being said at 7:45 am, followed by Mass. Irrespective of anything else, getting up each morning to say prayers and participate in Mass will truly be a beautiful thing.

There are so many things that I want to do/improve/pray about and I can't think of a better place to do it.

There truly is something surreal about receiving mail addressed to Matt Janeczko, Capuchin. Pretty extraordinary. A sense that will only grow when (hopefully) I enter novitiate and start receiving things addressed to OFM, Cap.

That's all for now ...

prayers,
Matt

No comments: