Pages

16 August 2008

So What Do You Do?

... was a heavily asked question on the cruise.  I'm learning that this is usually the second or third question asked when adults meet each other.  Name, place of home and then job.  So, you can imagine that I got quite a few different responses when I told them that I was entering the Capuchins in just two weeks (now only a week away).  I'm happy to report, however, that by and large the response was positive.  In fact, the reactions from folks ranged from indifference and tacit support to open encouragement.  Granted, my sample size was small and eerily most of the folks I met were Catholic.  And yet, the joy that even the prospects of my vocation caused resonated with me in a deep way.  So with just a week to go, things are looking good.

Matt

No comments: