Pages

02 November 2008

10 miles..

Somehow, I managed to get my creaking bones through a ten mile run today.  I'd be lying to you if I said that I wasn't impressed with myself.  I'm not sure how I'll feel about things tomorrow, but I could get used to this entire "being in shape" thing.  

Truly extraordinary days in the church the last two sun-up and sun-downs:  All Saints and All Souls.  There is something about remembering all those who have come before us that hits me deep in my heart, so to speak.  We spend this time remembering all those who have come before us with the heartfelt hope that they're in heaven and that we'll be there with them someday.  The interesting thing is these are articles of faith, so to speak, that we profess and attempt to make real each and every day of our life.  

And yet, there is sometime which transcends our memories these two days.  We aside time to look to the person to the left of us and the person to right of us and to pray for each other and the losses that we have felt.  But perhaps even more importantly, it's a chance for us to reflect with each other on just how blessed we have been to have those people in our lives who have gone previously to God.  It is in that gratefulness and prayer that we can ourselves hope to join our loved ones when our pilgrimages here are finished.

No comments: