Pages

11 May 2009

Empty Walls

The walls of my room are now empty.  All the books are off the shelves and the desk drawers are empty.  The Mets game playing on the radio right now sounds a bit different with nothing upon the walls to absorb its sound.  I still have clothes to pack and figure out what should come with me to Kansas, what should be driven to Pittsburgh and what will go home and stay home for at least a year.  

What a year it has been.  I'm sure that I will have more reflections as I continue to pack, but right now I'm overwhelmed by the sense that in three days I will be here no longer.  

It's been a great journey so far, not without its challenges or frustrations, but certainly worth it.  And you know why (or at least one of the thousand reasons)?

A letter which I received that began like this:


Dear Matt,

Peace and all good things. Please receive this letter as your formal acceptance into the Capuchin Novitiate at Allison Park, Pennsylvania beginning on July 26, 2009


Yup, definitely worth it.


No comments: