Pages

11 September 2009

A Few Thoughts ...

Eight years ago I was a junior in high school, sitting in John Koob's advanced chemistry class. Mr. Koob was out sick that day -- he would soon pass away -- and Constance Arace proctored the class. An announcement was made over the loud speaker asking for prayers about an accident involving a plane at the World Trade Center. Soon after, all hell broke loose.

Rumors flew rapidly around the QPHS gym, the place where all had been corralled. Several of the students found themselves in tears wondering if parents who worked in the city or in the Trade Center complex itself were safe. Being a Model UN participant, I wondered just how bad the attacks were and wondered what it would mean for America.

Eight years later, I do not think I have complete answers to either of my questions.

No comments: