Pages

05 January 2010

Mighty Fortunate

A few days ago I promised a good friend that I'd put thoughts on paper about why I'm a Capuchin.  Actually, it wasn't so much for his benefit, but for mine.  Call it, in one way or another, a method of discernment and clarification of religious thought and feeling.  It might go without saying that I haven't done so yet.  But, I'm getting there, I promise.

In the meantime, I saw this article today and it got me thinking once again just how fortunate I am to have been called to this life of prayer and discipleship.  I'm mighty happy with my job right now -- if you can call it a job -- and I don't think there's many other 25-year olds who can make the same claim.

How often, however, in my own need to feel self-important or for my own troubling propensity for self-martyrdom do I forget just how blessed I am.  Gives one something to think about, indeed. 

No comments: