Pages

02 June 2010

An Email

I sent an email last night to someone in repsonse to an article they sent me in the TNR by Gary Wills commenting on the current life and times of the Church.  Unfortunately, the article is no longer available to non-subscribers.

However, I wanted to post a part of the response I sent back. 

I'm not quite sure why, I just thought I should:

The Church is at a crossroads, I can't deny that. But, you know what? I'm damn excited about it. The great Abraham Joshua Heschel wrote that the Scriptures are a history not of man's search for God, but rather, God's search for man. I think that we may be on the verge of the next great chapter of this history, where the in breaking of God will bear something so stupendous that we'll just sit back in awe and say, "Wow."

No comments: