Pages

03 August 2010

Franciscan Cousins

This past Sunday, I attended the noon mass at the OFM-administered parish of St. Joseph in East Rutherford, NJ -- just down the block from my family home.  As I walked up to the church wearing my habit, I was quickly greeted by one of the friars there.  We chatted a bit, I mentioned that my profession had been the previous day and then made my way into the church.

After mass, the same friar, Brother Paul, came running after me and handed me an envelope.  The card inside had this message:

Brother
 Rejoice and congratulations on your profession of vows.  Thank you for saying YES.  Good luck with your studies.

Indeed, the Franciscan family is alive and well!

2 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yes ... congratulations indeed. When do you become a priest?

God bless.

mtjofmcap said...

Not ordained, just made my first vows with the Capuchins. A long way to go.