Pages

06 December 2010

Humble Pie

I entered a meeting with my recently appointed academic adviser roaring with confidence.  I had a schedule worked out and a vision in mind.


Fifteen minutes later, I had a completely new schedule.  


The conversation went something like this: 

Me: I think I want to take class X.
Him: Umm, you should really take an introduction before that and it's only offered in the fall.

(Repeat four times.)

Thus, next semester looks like this:

TM53201 03 BASIC DIM/PAST CARE            M 10-12 20      
TM66301 03 A SURVEY OF CANON LAW    T 6 30-9       
TM54001 03 INTRO TO NEW TESTAMENT   T TH 10-11 20  
TM53901 03 EUCHARISTIC THEOLOGY       T TH 8 30-9 50 

Humble pie, yes.

Giddy as a school boy?  Yes.

4 comments:

blogmeister said...

You, giddy? Nah!

mtjofmcap said...

Shocking, I know!

Chris said...

BASIC DIM/PAST CARE... sounds like a poor prognosis!

mtjofmcap said...

Basic Dimensions of Pastoral Care -- only time will tell about the poorness of its prognosis...