Pages

20 December 2010

Lord of the Rings

I admit, I have not seen the entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy.  I haven't read the books in their entirety.  I will do this someday, I am sure.  Perhaps I'll bring them with me to Honduras this summer.  But, as I was enjoying a glass of wine this evening, I found myself on a website notable for both its subject matter (a particular Catholic diocese) and its vituperative nature (about the leaders of this particular diocese).


How sad!


There are several posts in my head tumbling around at this juncture about the topic at hand; but I kept coming back to something my old college roommate, also a Matt, would post as his AIM away message from time to time.  (He was, and is, a big LOTR fan.)



Theoden: So much death. What can men do against such reckless hate? 
Aragorn: Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them. 
Theoden: For death and glory. 
Aragorn: For Rohan. For your people. 
Theoden: The Horn of Helm Hammerhand will sound in the deep, one last time! 


(Courtesy of imdb.com

No comments: