Pages

09 February 2011

Plenty of Reading

From time to time, I publish my workload.  Comments of all sorts always come my way, so I'll continue to indulge those who enjoy this type of post.

Just this evening I finished Letters from Lake Como by Romano Guardini.  I'm planning on mailing it to my novitiate guardian as soon as I can put together a cover letter.

I'm also in the early stages of The Metaphysics Club: A Story of Ideas in America by Louis Menard.

In the meantime, I need to complete and then review Nathan Mitchell's Cult and Controversy for my Eucharistic Theology class.  In addition, we're working through Jerome Kodell's The Eucharist in the New Testament.  Sitting on my desk, as of yet not started but highly recommended are liturgically minded works, The Wellspring of Worship and The Sunday Lectionary: Ritual Word, Paschal Shape by Jean Corbon and Normand Bonneau, respectively.

Moving over to New Testament studies, my professor recommended the century old The So-Called Historical Jesus and the Historical Biblical Christ written by Martin Kahler (in translation, of course).

Soon to make it into the chapel for meditation and reflection are the complete works of Elizabeth of the Trinity.  Henri de Lubac's The Splendor of the Church is also sitting next to my laptop, begging to be opened.

And with all of that listed: it is time for bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no fiction?

Anonymous said...

How about some everyone poops or goodnight moon?

mtjofmcap said...

Add Michael Crighton's Next to the list.