Pages

16 March 2011

Lent is Working

The past couple nights, I have had difficulty falling asleep.  This almost never happens, and I cannot remember it occurring two, make it three, nights in a row.  As I tossed and turned in my bed trying to get comfortable, I found myself reflecting on this Lent, which is already a week old.  I reflected on all of the failures to love in which I have already participated.  I thought to myself, for a fleeting moment, "Well, I guess there is always next Lent."

But, as I lay in the stillness of my room, I realized that perhaps this might be the first Lent that is working upon me.  Might this be the first Lent that I'm understanding just how much work I have to do in becoming a Christian?  If this is the case, and it is not just idle thoughts of a burgeoning insomniac, then this just might have the potential to be the best Lent I've had.

And dear God, I pray for it to continue.

No comments: