Pages

04 September 2011

A New Home (on Sundays)

In my three years with the Capuchins, I have lived in East New York, NY, Victoria, KS, Allison Park, PA, Jamaica Plain, MA and Ocotepeque, Honduras.  Transitions are never easy; even for those of us who seem to often find ourselves in this liminal state.

For the past year I had the privilege of ministering in a variety of roles at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Jamaica Plain.  As is often the case in this life (and especially religious life), all good things must come to an end.  Thus, this year I will find myself ministering at the parishes of St. Brigid and Gate of Heaven in South Boston (Southie, for you locals).  At the moment, it appears as if I'll be working at the South Boston Catholic Academy on Thursday and assisting with numerous pastoral and religious education duties on Sundays.  

Please pray for the wonderful people of the parishes -- parishioners and priests alike -- and for me, as I begin a new ministry.

Oh.  And here's the bio that appeared in today's bulletin, with a bit of requisite Jersey snark.


4 comments:

Suzanne said...

And here is my NYC snark – why can’t folks get plural vs. possessive straight?! Best of luck with the new ministries – thoughts and prayers ascending.

mtjofmcap said...

Me or the bulletin announcement? I can only take responsibility for some things...

Anonymous said...

Ah, interesting, South Boston. I am curious to see if the way it is portrayed in Ben Afleck movies is how it really is. All the best in your new endeavour...

Chris J

mattosb said...

Get over to Charlestown for really authentic Boston!!