Pages

25 November 2012

Christ the King

Back from Jersey and a pile of work on the desk.

In the meantime, a great reflection from my former neighbor, still blogging across the pond on The Feast of the Christ the King.

I woke up this morning thinking about today, the last Sunday of Ordinary Time, the solemnity of Christ the King. In a way that it hadn't before, it struck me as an odd day. I'll try to explain how. 
The most powerful doctrines are the ones we hold as assumptions, moods, 'interpretive keys,' 'lenses,' and the like. The less they are explicitly taught and simply absorbed from one's surroundings, the more powerful and normative they become. One such doctrine I learned early on in my Catholic journey and theological education was a certain way of understanding the relationship between history and eschatology.
Read the rest here.

No comments: