Pages

02 January 2013

Ch - Ch - Changes

My life will change drastically within the next sixth months. (Literally, six months.) After those changes, there will be several more over the next six months.

I've been told by my superiors that I should anticipate professing my final vows as a Capuchin on May 11.  As if this wasn't news enough, I am also to prepare myself to be ordained a deacon on June 1 along with two  Capuchin brothers who will be ordained priests.  Of course, all of this is subject to the "scrutiny" (vote) of the professed community here in Boston, the Provincial Council's vote, as well as the final approval of Father Provincial.

At the same time, I've also been accepted into the Licentiate Program at Boston College.  (For a rundown of what the Licentiate is, click here.)  I figure to cover the needed coursework throughout the next academic year and to begin writing my thesis next spring into the summer.  The next summer (2014), of course, will see me, God willing, ordained a priest.

And so, more than ever, please keep me in your prayers.

 

3 comments:

Brother Charles said...

Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I checked out the link. Which concentration will you choose, or are you assigned a concentration?

Chris J

Matt Janeczko said...

Somewhere between systematic/historical theology and moral theology: likely of the social ethics character.