Pages

19 September 2013

Pope Francis is Really Controversial Because He Believes in...

...his own sin.

Amidst all of the hullabaloo regarding the Pope's interview with Jesuit periodicals today, the most poignant and meaningful comment he made is being lost.

Directly from the English translation provided on America Magazine's website:

I ask Pope Francis point-blank: “Who is Jorge Mario Bergoglio?” He stares at me in silence. I ask him if I may ask him this question. He nods and replies: “I ​​do not know what might be the most fitting description.... I am a sinner. This is the most accurate definition. It is not a figure of speech, a literary genre. I am a sinner.
For my money, that is the most stunning part of the entire interview.  It isn't about emphasis regarding moral issues, it isn't about women, it isn't about collegiality.  No, the really striking thing - and the reason why I love this man, Pope Francis - is because he is a man.  A person.  A human.  A really, really, honest-to-goodness, imperfect, impetuous human.

The reason why I am so hopeful about the Church and my future within it at the moment - even after five years of allegedly religious life - is that it is made up of human beings who are desperately seeking the Lord Jesus Christ in their lives and in their communities.  Consistently fouling it up are we, of course, but that is because we're sinners.

And the Pope is too.

Praise the Lord.

1 comment:

Rudy Lay said...

Reactive and Racist. A mind that is positive cannot be controlled. For the purpose of occult dominion, minds must therefore be rendered passive and negative in order that control may be achieved. Minds consciously working to a definite end are a power for good or for evil.In his novel Agen Bola Resmi Coningsby Bandar bola (London, 1844),Agen Bola Terpercaya Disraeli Agen Bola Terbesar drewAgen Bola online a picture Judi bola form Berita Bola the life Berita Bola of the JewsAgen Ibcbet ruling the world frombehind the thrones as graphic as anything in the berita politik terkiniProtocols of Nilus. Many believe, and it has been proved to most, Coningsby was a berita terbaruplagiarism of a Byzantine novel of the XVIIth century.